Sunday, March 23, 2014

RNR

The two beautiful ladies I run with and carpooled with to the race:

Our Northern Virginia Moms Run This Town group photo:

Our Woodbridge/Manassas MRTT group photo:

A friend of mine from California that came out to run! The people taking pictures kept catching me with my eyes closed :( 

Ready to start the Race!

Finishing the race (and spotting my family!)
My results. I'm not thrilled with my time, but I did finish and finished in a good time. I started getting HORRIBLE calf cramps starting around mile 8 and totally lost my pace at the point.

Overall a great race experience and great race. There was a massive hill around mile 6 and I think that threw me off.

Proud of Emily- she finished her 5K in under 45 minutes. It was cold that day, she ran all of the first mile and then started having trouble breathing. A couple of ladies behind her caught up to her and asked if she was ok. They ended up calling my husband and told him what was going on. She decided she wanted to finish the race, so these two wonderful women walk/ran the rest of the race with her and helped her get back to my husband. I didn't get to meet them, but will be forever grateful for them and showing Emily what a good bunch of people runners are!
Emily and her Guardian Angels!








No comments:

Post a Comment