Saturday, March 29, 2014

Realizing Some Things

Since I've been running, I've always chased a PR in all my races. I've come to realize, after that rough Rock N Roll race, that it's not fun to do that anymore!

I ran/walked the last part of the race in pure agony and questioned myself every step of the way, why I was even doing this. I think in that moment I realized that I wanted to enjoy running, not always run for  a PR.

I will still set myself some time goals on my races. But I won't always run to get my best time ever! I want to run because it's fun!

My next race is The Cherry Blossom 10 miler here in DC. My goal time will be between an hour and twenty minutes to an hour and thirty minutes. My PR for a 10 mile race is 1:19:05, so I think my goal is doable!


No comments:

Post a Comment